Wednesday, October 14, 2015

"Life or Breast"

There my beautiful Queen you stand,
Greeting me with  million dollar smile as you touch my hand,
Now your testimony is to be told,
My full attention you now behold,
This is not a fairy tale as one may think,
This is reality, life changes as fast as you think,
Life or breast that's easy for me to choose,
These are the cards that I am dealt so I can't lose,
I must live to fight  another day is my goal for now,
It's not why I got over, but it's how...
A lifetime of hair once covered me from head to toe,
Now all I have is the nakedness of balding to show,
Neuropathy in my hand and my feet,
Only some relief from the pain, is all I seek,
The life that was is no more to be,
A new human has evolved and I am a new me,
The fear and confusion sits with me day by day,
I have accepted my journey, this battle come what may,
Many tears I have cried feeling all alone,
Yet within its God peace ensures me, I'm not on my own,
There my beautiful queen you sit,
Telling your testimony is a big hit,
Letting others know what you have been through,
Being strong and be courageous is definitely you,'
Continue to smile and hold your head up high,
There is no limit with God, as you continue to reach for the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment