Friday, October 9, 2015

"Pain in my Heart"



You look so strong and invincible as you carry on with life,
Yet inside a time bomb is building slowly,
Why is this happening when you are so full of life,
Enjoying every moment with family and friends,
Your future already planned and you are on your way,
Seeing the world and eating many exotic rich dishes,
NEVER thinking about the next second,
but a change has come from out of no where...
Slowly you feel something out of the norm,
Quickly you brush-off this feeling as a fluke,
yet this time, fear succumbs you greatly,
Panic has become your friend,
Your mind races as you faces your greatest dread,
Before you can answer your own question,
A sharp pain engulf your chest,
Sweat falls from your face,
 As you grab for your heart,
You pray to God, please don't let this be a heart attack,
I have so much more to do and see,
Your future pass before you like a flash,
Who will take care of my family,
Who will make my special dish at Christmas,
Who will help plan my children wedding,
Who will tell my grandchildren night time stories,
Who will kiss my husband good night,
Who...
Questions that I will never know the answer too,
Questions I have never asked until now,
Grabbing my phone I called for help,
Slowly as I fall to the floor, feeling alone and afraid,
I speak to the other voice on the phone, and  I explained my situation,
Help is on the way , just hold on, just hold on,
My eye closes as tears roll down my cheek,
My life has changed forever, the pain in my heart.





No comments:

Post a Comment